(Makes about 1 cup)
1/2 a stick of butter
1 cup of confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon of pure maple extract
1 1/2 teaspoons of water
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add the maple extract and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Slowly add each teaspoon of water until you achieve the consistency you like.
- Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag and pipe out an even swirl to fill the cake. Leftover buttercream can be used on extra cupcakes!
Yum! The cake and maple buttercream combination was delicious! It reminded us of maple glazed donuts from Tim Horton's! With a cup of hot tea, this is a great winter snack!