Wow, time just flies.
See what we mean? Time is just soaring away in those tiny wings.
*cue montage music*
It started out as a fun weekend at our nearest Michael's store (which was not in the city we live in). We had a fantastic Wilton instructor, Antonella, who taught us all three levels of Cake Decorating. And we learned a lot about cakes, buttercream, royal icing, colour flow icing, gumpaste, and fondant. We would highly recommend taking these courses if you want to try your hand at cake decorating.
We're glad that we started this blog and we hope that you have enjoyed our baked creations! Thank you to our followers, everyone who became a fan on facebook, followed us on twitter, and added us as a contact on flickr. Most of all, thank you for all the comments and conversations! Finally, a huge thank you to all our families and friends for their support and inspirations.
Okay, we're getting the signal to end our speech... so let's move onto the fun stuff: Giveaway time! We hope you love cake/decorating cookbooks, because we're giving this awesome set away!
Confetti Cakes for Kids
Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
The Whimsical Bakehouse
To enter the Year One Giveaway Contest:
- Under this post's comments, please leave your: Name, E-mail (or some kind of reliable contact), and tell us your favourite creation from our blog or your favourite books! Easy stuff!
- This contest is available to residents of Canada and the U.S.A. only - sorry International cupcake lovers! =(
- The Year One Giveaway Contest contest is open on August 18th 2009 until August 28th 2009. Comments posted after 12 midnight EST on August 28th will not be considered.
- The winner will be randomly chosen on August 30th 2009 and then announced on August 31st 2009 on our blog.
- Don't forget, you are allowed 1 entry by commenting (any more than that and they will not be considered or deleted) and please leave your correct contact information! Best of luck!