Baby shower in the office today!!! Kelly Hill is an amazing designer, go into any bookstore, and there is bound to be a book designed by her.
A little bird told me that the expecting mother likes owls (she makes these really cool fabric owls too)! So I made her an owl family on the cupcakes. =)
One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
(Makes about 18 regular cupcakes or about 40 mini cupcakes)
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup of milk
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup of warm water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and have all ingredients at room temperature. Also have your cupcake liners and pans ready.
- With an electric mixer on medium, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Reduce speed to low. Add in eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and water. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Divide batter evenly, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take cupcakes out to cool before frosting.