Oh, it was just a few piping tips, piping bags... Honestly, they had a great collection of gum paste and fondant cutters. I didn't plan on getting any, but then I saw all these flower cutters and couldn't resist picking up the petunia set. (Next time, the dogwood flower set!) These little sizes are perfect for cupcake and cake decorating. I also got dark cupcake liners! And just look at those display cakes:
Now, I have really, really good news. I hope that you are free on Sunday, February 21, 2010! If not... you might want to look into clearing your schedule for that day...
Why you ask?
Well, on that day, from 1:00-4:00pm, you could be learning how to make and decorate cupcakes at Flour Confections: Confectionery School & Shoppe! Are you EXCITED yet?
- Class: Cupcake Couture
- Date: Sunday, February 21, 2010
- Time: 1:00 to 4:00 PM
- Location: Flour Confections, 1750 Plummer Street, Unit 19, Pickering, Ontario (Google Map)
- Description: Join Flour Confections for this fun hands-on workshop. The cupcake trend is here to stay, and really who doesn’t like a cupcake? The class instructor will demonstrate proper mixing, baking and portioning as well as piping techniques and decor. Each student will take home their custom creations to admire and devour! Students will learn about flavour pairing, how to measure and bake cupcakes properly in order to yield consistent and fabulous results. You will learn different icing techniques as well as finishing details to help embellish your cupcakes for the added “wow” factor.
- What to bring: All tools, supplies & pre-baked cupcakes will be provided. Please bring an apron.
- The Cupcake Couture Contest is open on Monday, January 18, 2010 until Sunday, January 31, 2010. Entry forms submitted after 12 midnight EST on Sunday, January 31, 2010 will not be considered.
- A winner will be randomly chosen and announced on Monday, February 1, 2010 on our blog.
- Conditions for the class are as per Flour Confection's registration policies, found here.
- This prize has no cash value. There will be no prize exchange or substitution.
- Class requires a minimum number of students (Flour Confections reserves the right to cancel the class due to low enrolment). If the class does not run the contest giveaway will be extended to the next available Cupcake Couture class.
Please note that Flour Confections is located in Pickering, Ontario - so if you are an aspiring baker in the area (or someone who doesn't mind travelling far), please make sure you will be able to attend the Cupcake Couture class if you win.
View Larger Map
We would like to thank Lisa Bugeja and Scott Bradley of Flour Confections for sponsoring this generous prize! By the way, besides making custom cakes and cupcakes, Lisa also blogs, twitters, and her Facebook fan page can be found here! How does she find the time???