Batter photos make you lick your monitor.
What about this one?
Recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
(Makes about 36 mini cupcakes)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
3/4 cups of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and have all ingredients at room temperature. Also have your cupcake liners ready.
- With your electric mixer, beat the flour, sugar, baking powder, and butter on low speed until everything is combined.
- Gradually pour in half the milk and mix.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla extract, and remaining milk together. Then pour into the mixture.
- Scrape and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Divide your batter evenly into the paper cups, about 2/3 full, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
Don't you think these would be great for Father's Day, a corporate look, or as shirts? I think I'll add a bow tie next time!
Pink Grapefruit Buttercream
1 stick of unsalted butter
2 cups of confectioner's sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
1/4 cup of grapefruit juice
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the honey and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the grapefruit juice until buttercream is smooth.
- Optional: add one tiny drop of red food colouring or pink gel paste to dye the buttercream pink.