So here I was on a rainy Saturday afternoon looking at my new mini doughnut pan, wondering should I use it? Do I break off the packaging?
Yes, I think I will. There is also a recipe on the back of the packaging and look, I have all of the ingredients.
Baked Mini Cake Doughnuts
(Makes about 24 mini doughnuts)
1 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoon of melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 218°C (425°F). Spray mini doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add in buttermilk, egg, and butter. Stir until combined.
- Fill each doughnut cup to half full (very important!).
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Don't worry if the top of the doughnuts are not as golden brown as the bottom ones. (Colour is not an indication of doneness.)
- Let the doughnuts cool in the pan for 4-5 minutes before removing.
- Glaze or sugar your doughnuts.
1 cup of confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Use immediately to glaze doughnuts.
I dipped my doughnuts into the bowl, you can pipe or spoon the icing on. If you like, sprinkle your doughnuts right after you glaze them. I waited until the icing set a bit and then dipped it into a bowl of sprinkles.