(Makes about 16)
2 cups of cake flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of salt
1/3 cup of buttermilk
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Using your stand mixer, whisk the buttermilk, egg, egg yolk, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Carefully add in the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Remove the whisk attachment and take out a rubber spatula.
- With the remaining cup of cake flour, add it into the mixture and combine with the spatula. The dough will get very sticky (which is why the whisk isn't a good option anymore).
- Scrape the dough out and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate or freeze for at least an hour.
- Remove the dough and dust your hands with all-purpose flour. Roll the dough into the size of a ping-pong ball. Set aside and repeat until all the dough has been transformed into small ball shapes.
- Fill a saucepan with about 2-3 inches of peanut oil over medium-high heat. Fry the beignets and gently turn then over. They should be golden and ready in about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the beignets to a paper towel to let the oil get soaked up.
- Toss in or sprinkle with Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping.
ACH Food Companies, Inc. and Cinnabon, Inc. contacted us about their Cinnabon Sprinkle Topping and Cinnabon Syrup. They are holding a new product challenge, Cinnabon Creations Challenge, and offered to send us samples of their products. We agreed to receive the samples and participate in the challenge. However, we are not eligible to enter the Cinnabon Creations Blogger Sweepstakes. No incentives were used to produce a positive review of these food products. No monetary exchange took place. All opinions are our own.