12-cup Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor. When I told my dad about it, he was so excited. It turns out he was looking for a new food processor. So I told him he could borrow it after I tested it out. But still, it was funny to hear him exclaim "1000-Watt! I want one with a 1000-Watt." I guess the more power the motor has, the better it is!
used because the almond flour still had larger chunks that needed to be broken down.
The only thing to improve on next time is to remove the almond skin so that we don't have brown specks in our macaron shells. But, at least you know we're using real almonds! Do places sell skinless almonds? That sounds weird.
Lemon Curd Icing
(Makes enough to fill 50-60 macarons)
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
Fresh lemon juice from 1 large lemon (about 1/3 cup)
Grated zest from 1 large lemon
1 stick of cold unsalted butter, cut into slices
2 cups of powdered sugar
- Set up a double boiler. Add about 1-inch of water to a saucepan or pot and bring the water to a simmer. In a metal bowl that will fit over the saucepan, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and zest until combined.
- Place the metal bowl on top of the saucepan and stir with a rubber spatula. The mixture will begin to thicken in about 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in the sliced butter. Wait for the slice to completely melt before adding the next one.
- Pour the lemon curd into a glass jar or container and allow it to cool. Refrigerate over night.
- To make the icing, add in a cup of powdered sugar to thicken. Add in more if you need a thicker consistency. Scoop into a piping bag.
Disclaimer: A publicity representative for Cuisinart Canada contacted us about their reviewing their products. The 12-cup Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor was sent to us for review. The product is on loan and will be returned to Cuisinart. No incentives were used to produce a positive review. No monetary exchange took place. All opinions are our own.