I'm guessing there's no show of hands.
But what if I told you that brunch would be served and you would get to meet Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen? And it wouldn't just be a meet-and-greet, you would get to have brunch with her, ask her any question, and have a copy of her cookbook signed? Yes, that early morning is starting to look enticing....
I was one of the lucky handful of bloggers invited to a brunch at Random House of Canada Limited. Even though I work there, I was sent an official invitation to attend as a blogger! Trust me, I was over the moon when I received it and quickly RSVPed with fan girl enthusiasm.
Monique from the production department made these amazing Cheddar Swirl Breakfast Buns. Who doesn't like cheese? Who doesn't like swirl buns? As Deb writes on page 49 of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, these "are dangerous, dangerous buns."
I agree, they are highly addictive.
Mike from sales really outshone us all with Mom's Apple Cake (page 239 of the cookbook). The cake was delicious and I probably could have eaten a couple more slices.
Lindsey, of the online marketing department treated us with Big Cluster Maple Granola (page 26).
kitchen - just four major ones: a food processor, a stand mixer, a blender, and an emulsion blender. It's all about priorities when there's limited space! She recounts that she did not like Brussel sprouts as a child, but has grown to love them now. However, she still doesn't eat fish! And her favourite brunch dishes were all the ones we made. ;)
signing copies of her book for us!
I would be wrong not to thank my fellow colleagues who also took time out of their busy weekends for this event. Many thanks to Lindsey, Monique, Sheila, and Michael for planning, organizing, and hosting such a lovely brunch.
Brownie Roll-Out Cookies (page 210 of the cookbook)!
It's no secret, but these make such good ice-cream sandwich cookies! So if you're looking to make your own at home, make these cookies! They're soft and chewy and are great milk-dunking cookies.
captured. I'm such a dork.
Giveaway contest regulations and conditions:
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook giveaway contest is open on Sunday, November 18, 2012 until Sunday, November 25, 2012. Entries submitted after 12 midnight EST on Sunday, November 25, 2012 will not be considered.
- To enter, leave a comment below telling me which Smitten Kitchen recipe you would like to make.
- A winner will be randomly chosen and announced here on A Baked Creation.
- Please leave an e-mail address or twitter handle, in the case that you are the winner, we will be able to contact you.
- This contest is available to residents of Canada and the U.S.A. only!
- There will be one winner. The winner will be chosen in a random draw. The winner will receive a signed copy of The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman. If the winner does not respond with an adequate mailing address in a week, their prize is forfeited and a new winner will be chosen. Best of luck!
- UPDATE: A winner has been chosen and contacted. Congratulations to Stephanie! Thank you to everyone who entered our giveaway!