A banana bread out of the oven is so comforting, almost like a warm blanket for your tummy. This really hit the spot for Sunday morning breakfast.
Top: Batter Before
Bottom: Baked After
Recipe adapted from Flour
(Makes about 12 banana breads)
1 cup of granulated sugar
210 grams (1 1/2 cup) of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
100 grams (1 cup) of canola oil
1 1/3 cup of mashed and very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (325°F) and line your muffin tin.
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the sugar and eggs together on medium speed for about 5 minutes. It should look light and fluffy with all the air incorporated.
- While the machine is whisking, sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- On a low speed, slowly pour in the canola oil, don't do it all at once! It should combine with the sugar and eggs in about a minute.
- Add in the mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula. Evenly divide the batter into the muffin liners.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.